Designers: Don’t you hate it when you’ve created a sharp design for a client – and they insist on using sloppy copy?
The designers I work with often ask, “How can I encourage clients to get professional copy written?”
Although the blatant, “Please don’t ruin my great design with messy copy” could work, here are some more polite things to say:
- Design will capture their eye and bring them in, but good content engages them and makes them get in touch!
- A good copywriter can climb into your prospects’ heads, and speak to them in a language that resonates.
- You are too humble. Someone on the “outside” can often see the big picture and “brag” more easily about your business.
- Keywords are really important. Some copywriters can research them, incorporate them seamlessly, and even write meta tags.
- A good copywriter can build trust.
- Your competitors are using copywriters.
- Great copy doesn’t have to cost a million dollars.
- You’re so busy. Hire someone so you don’t have to worry about it.
- I know a writer who can give you a great price. Why not explore your options?
If your clients want to explore their options when it comes to getting professional copy written, I offer a free 30-minute chat.
Here are a few examples of how I helped small businesses create copy that did the design justice:
- Child & family therapist, Annette Kielkopf, (in partnership with the amazing Strategic Design Studio).
- Decking Designer with HGTV Canada show: Cutting Edge Design.
- Web copy for packaging designer, Shelf Identity.
If your clients need to take their copy from sloppy to sleek, give me a shout.